Wednesday, October 5, 2011

#3 NY Times Blog

As I was searching through which article to choose and well I came across "Kanye West Show, Shrouded in Silence, Creates a Scene" by Eric Wilson. Honestly, when I first read the article I said to myself "Oh man, who did he interrupt this time, and now in the fashion world?" (Remember guys, at the VMA's and he interrupted Taylor Swift, yea you guys get where I'm going!)

Trend: Street wear
Silhouette: jackets, dresses, color-blocking pants
Design: rigged and edgy designs
Detail: slits and zippers cut around the sides of the dress, dripping in fur on the the coats, sleeves sliced in half, slinky ridged dresses.
Color: blue, coral, black,
Fabric: Fur, leather,
Jargon: flare, confusing, sparkly, street wear


Well, as you can see some of his style looks very wearable and something I can see myself wearing but I personally think he got a little too carried on with the fur. Dear Kanye, I'm really happy for you and I'm going to let you finish but, we want to see spring 2012 items not for fall. Please check your calendar. Thank you! (see what I did there guys, I had to write that and reminisce on his interruption, haha)

Want to check the article out? Click here

1 comment:

  1. Enjoyed reading your blog. I'm glad someone wrote about the Kanye collection, as I am a big fan of his but was highly skeptical when I heard about him doing a womenswear collection. I agree with you his collection was far too fall based.....fur? Really, Kanye? Anyways, I really like the section under your first paragraph that documented the trend.. silhouette..design etc etc of his collection. Your last few sentences were really humorous as well!

    ReplyDelete